On the whole, our Milwaukee Alumnae Chapter tries offer one to two activities per month. Typically on a weekend during the day and/or something social during the week (after work). We usually have anywhere from 5 to 30 Zetas in attendance, with an average of about 8-16 ladies. Whenever we have a philanthropic activity, we try to coordinate a lunch or brunch to follow to give more Zetas an opportunity to join us. And when possible have open discussion for solidifying details for upcoming events and input for involvement into other activities.
OUR PHILANTHROPIC ACTIVITIES
Aside from Zeta Tau Alphas national support of Making Strides and Think Pink events which support the American Cancer Society, our Milwaukee Alumnae Chapter tries be involved in our community whenever we can. We typically participate in two to five other activities within our fiscal year, which you will find on our Chapter Philanthropy page. As you know, our mission to serve others, and as such if you are personally volunteering for things please let us know, your Zeta Hours counts. Just email us the details to email@example.com
OUR SOCIAL ACTIVITIES
Listed below are the events we coordinate annually because of their popularity among our group. However, within the given year, we will add other things to do based on what our current membership suggests.
- Fall Kick-Off Brunch & Activity Planning takes place in late August or early September. Brunch is provided by your Milwaukee Alumnae Chapter. This where we plan the year of activities. When you get the invitation date, come join us; if you can't be there, but have a something you think might be fun to do, just email us and we'll present your idea on your behalf.
- October is very busy as we celebrate Founders' Day with a Ceremony & Lunch, as well as coordinate Zeta Volunteers to assist in the Making Strides for American Cancer Society Survivor Tent.
- Snowy Soiree which typically takes place in January. This is where the ZTA MKE Alumnae Chapter treats Zetas and their guest to dinner, followed with a entertaining group game of Bunko. The location moves around, usually at someone's home if possible.
- ZETA DAY is an event every Zeta should attend if possible. The location for this will vary from year to year and is typically held in March or April. Invites are emailed, so keep an eye on your inbox OR check out details on the devoted Zeta Day page.
- BOOK CLUB several years ago we started this as an annual activity, but the past few years, due to its popularity, we now hold our book club every other month. During the warmer months we'll on a weekday evening and in the colder months we'll meet on a Saturday for brunch/lunch. This event has about 8-20 ladies participating.
In addition to the above, we do try and mix it up and have planned things like:
- Girls Night Out (GNO) | for happy hour, a movie, Mardi Gras, someplace or dinner, lunch
- Margarita River Cruise
- Paint & Sip
- Cooking Classes
- Sounds of Summer (Cedarburg)
- Sisters' Tea (various locations)
- Jazz in the Park (Downtown Milwaukee)
- Strawberry Festival (Cedarburg)
- Summer Gatherings with Kids
- Crown Connection Lunching with Ladies
- 10 Chimney's Tour & Lunch
- Brunch (various places)
- Escape Room
- Pedal Tavern
- Milwaukee Zoo
Any other ideas - firstname.lastname@example.org